Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A question from Facebook's ASK ME ANYTHING...

A question from Facebook's ASK ME ANYTHING...

Annie R.:

What about New Orleans most captures your 
creative drive?

Melanie P. Falina:

New Orleans flirts with each of our senses - from 
the smell and taste of the food and coffee to the sound 
of all the music coming from everywhere - at all 
times - in every direction, to the sight of all the colors 
and details and architecture, to that feeling of 
mid-August heat and humidity that's like walking 
into a wall. So I find it difficult to not be swept away 
by all that - it just speaks to me creatively and I want 
to give it back in the best way that I can - 
with my writing.

 

Click here for DUSK AND CONJURE and here for RIVER BAPTIZED BEADS.

No comments:

Post a Comment