Wednesday, January 9, 2019

A question (and a follow-up question) from Facebook's ASK ME ANYTHING...

Courtnye H.:

If you can give one piece of advice for first 
time writers, be it poetry or novel writing, 
what would it be?

Melanie P. Falina:

I'd say just keep writing. If you write two pages 
and you're afraid that they need tons of editing 
and rework just keep writing and stay out of your 
ego. There'll be time for fine-tuning later, but just 
keep writing.

Courtnye H.: 

What was some of the best advice you were ever 
given when you wrote your first local-inspired 
book of poetry?

Melanie P. Falina:

Honestly, I'm not sure that anyone gave me advice 
when I was writing my first collection. LOL. But 
one of the things that I kept in mind was that writing 
is a lot like exercising. The more often you do it the 
easier it gets, the more progress you make, so I just 
kept telling myself that. Just keep working those 
creative muscles.


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment